Thursday 8 June 2017

The Highwayman - Kyira 6LG

The Highwayman

The moon glinted through my casement as I stared over the ribbon-like road, looking for the slightest move. I glared at the thin, moonlit road looking over it, patiently waiting for my love.

Suddenly, I heard the tlot-tlot ringing through my ears. “Could that be him?” I muttered to myself. A tune calmly whistled through my head, the tune only my lover would know. I opened my casement, below was The Highwayman: my lover. His golden pistol twinkled in the moonlight as we made a plan. “I shall be back with yellow gold before the morning light.”
He road away with his velvet coat waving behind him.

I didn’t see him in dawning; he didn’t come at noon. I glared eagerly out of my casement, but still nothing. I wanted to give up.

Soon later - when the sky was a tawny sunset - I saw something in the distance. My eyes squinted making a look on my face as they came closer and closer to the old inn door.



Suddenly, I heard a thump coming towards my room. The red-coats slammed the door open and stomped in front of me. They pushed me to my old, broken bedpost and tied me up to attention. “Why were they doing this?” I thought. I couldn’t move. The soldiers laughed and made fun of me, while staring carefully out of the window holding up their pistols.

Moments later, I heard a familiar sound of horse's hooves getting louder and louder. I twisted my hands to get free from the long, ichy rope. My hands were covered with sweat or blood - I didn’t know which. Suddenly, I manage to get one of my finger’s free. I made a plan. I took one last deep breath and…

BANG!


I laid in the darkness, drenched in my own red blood. My love galloped away safely - I’d warned him with my death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are checked by Vale staff before being published to the page!