Sunday 26 June 2016

Oktapodi by 4JP

These pieces of writing were inspired by the movie, Oktapodi, from the Literacy Shed.

Charley
One day in a fish bowl far, far away, Mango and Tango were calmly hugging each other when...PLOP! Tango got taken out of the rectangular, glass fish bowl into a maroon-coloured van.  Mango, who was freaked out and heartbroken, clambered up the side of the fish bowl and ran like the wind, eventually reaching enough extreme speed to catch up with the super fast van.  Bravely, he sneaked across the sid of the van and through the open, shattered window. Awkwardly, Mango managed to fight his way in, missing the colossal slap of the fishmonger's hand.  All of a sudden, Tango hit the handbrake, causing the mean driver to spin around like crazy.  They were flying!

Nervously, the 43-year-old man dangerously stood on the comfy-leather seats to get the two octopuses which were on the roof.  The man started to pound them against the green, metal roof, until Mango and Tango started squirting him with ink.  Without warning, an electricity wire hit his hand and electricuted him.  Then, he carried on driving, not realising that they got away on the wire. Soon, the horrible driver went overboard into the sea.  But then a fat seagull came to take Mango.  In the blink of an eye, Tango shot herself towards the seagull.  

Harvey

Dear Mr Fishmonger,

I would like to make a complaint.  The fish-tank you make me stay in was atrocious.  You gave me terrible food and the space in there was very very small.  Why did you take my wife? If I had been fed good food, maybe I would say "thank you".  You, my friend, are a complete and utter disgrace.  It was the worst experience of my life.  If I were you, I wouldn't continue your career.

From

Jim (The Octopus)

To Jim,

I think you are completely wrong but I'm also sorry.  In future, I will give you a bigger fish tank and better food.  I will try to make your life better.  I'm sorry for taking your wife.  Will you forgive me?  I will try to be a better fishmonger.  Can we be friends?

From

Mr Fishmonger

Tom

After the fishmonger was out of sight of Sapphire and Dave, the octopuses were finally reunited with each other's company until this ungrateful seagull called Fanta swooped down and collected Dave.  It flew away into the distance.  Sapphire moved to the centre of the old, manky washing line, leaned back and flung herself after Dave.  Meanwhile, Dave was squirming and shaking, trying to get out of the hard, firm grip of the gull.  Sapphire was being propelled by the strong wind and current of the ocean.  During this, Dave managed to turn around and who appeared but the love of his life, Sapphire!

She was flying like a bird, gracefully, swiftly and elegantly. Then, Sapphire showed her aggressive side.  She stuck to Fanta and ink and slapped him until he eventually dropped Dave.  She also found she was falling down and down, gradually descending towards the ocean where they belong and where they would stay for their entire lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are checked by Vale staff before being published to the page!