Friday 17 June 2016

WW1 Diary by Zoe, 4JP

This diary entry is written by Zoe as a character, Freddie, from Michael Foreman's book, War Game.

Dear Diary,

Today, we heard that Britain is going to war and I'm signing up.  The more I thought about it, the more anxious I got.  It's going to be really exciting fighting against another country and shooting guns.  Billy thinks it's not going to take long and things it is an adventure.  Will isn't so sure about it.  He thinks that we could get killed, but I don't believe him.  We are fighting against Italy, Germany and Austria-Hungary.  

Tomorrow, we are going to the army recruitment office to sign up with my friends.  When I get there, I think I'll see lots of people ready to go to war and leaders. 

Yours,

Freddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are checked by Vale staff before being published to the page!