Friday 6 February 2015

The Forest by Tilly

The Forest

My foot jammed into the scintillating snow; my whole leg vanishing like it was never even there. A gentle breeze solidified my face making my cheeks strawberry red. Frozen, leafless branches tugged and snagged at my cosy winter clothes.

Silence swamped the forest but was soon broken by the call of a stunning dove, as white as sugar, perched on a frosty twig.

A small ice cold stream trickled through the snowblanketed forest giving me daja vous as I ran my hand through the rapid, vivid blue coloured water.

I sat down on a frosted bench; trees surrounding me like a  cliched fairy tale scene.

1 comment:

  1. This is a super description of your snowy scene Tilly. I particularly liked your alliterative opening sentence and use of semi colons to punctuate your work. Well done. Mrs Casey :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are checked by Vale staff before being published to the page!