Thursday 15 December 2016

Battle of Marathon by Max, 6CP

Shredded piles of sliced limbs filled the tributaries of blood and sweat, covering the fields that will never be the same again. Success flooded the bay where the Persians; equipped with broken swords, lay moaning and groaning with life threatening injuries. Glory was ours; Liberation was ours. The sacrifices of our soldiers will be remembered after we return to our homes.

A glimpse of rising sunlight shone from the mountains behind us as the fading moon fell into the undulating horizon. Morning sea-mist swept over the Persian troops - blinding them from us and us from them- but as the blazing sunlight rose to the peak of the sky, the sea-mist faded and we regained our line of sight.

“I am a strong soldier who usually fights for Miltiades on the edges of the phalanx.” Miltiades gave the order, “You on the phalanx now!” Confused, I did what he said. “Charge!” The whole army/phalanx sprinted into the action. A wave of arrows came flying down bouncing off of our shields like skimming stone on water.

Morning turned to night, light turned to dark as it seemed in my head as Persians dropped dead, blood spurted out of the dying men laying on the blood-soaked ground. The sound of metal clanging, burrowed into my ears partially deafening me. “Argh!” a sword welded to a Persian, dug into my arm causing me to leak blood out of my molded creating a red water feature.

Glory was ours; Liberation was ours. The sight of organs and body parts flooded my mind horrifying me and no doubt going to do again. I have killed so many people who may have had a loving family just like I do who will be waiting for their return but will have to face the horrible fact of their loved ones passing away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are checked by Vale staff before being published to the page!