Monday 19 December 2016

Monster Cottage by Elyza, 5CG

I always walk home from school and never before have I got lost until the last Tuesday. As I was running along the golden, astonishing cornfield, my heart leapt as I heard a deafening scream. I stopped still, paralysed as the noise once again made the hairs on my neck stand up. I decided to go and investigate. As I crept down the pathway, I heard the cry again but this time, as well as scream, I heard laughing. I ran as fast as I could, my heart thumping against my aching chest until I reach an abandoned cottage with the door swinging open. Regretting my choice already, I stumbled to the broken door and went inside but should I have?

The cottage did look nice on the outside but inside the cottage it was loathsome.  Cobwebs and decayed wood covered the house making me want to be sick.  Every breath I took, a foul smell of rubbish filled my nose.  One thing that did catch my attention was a book that seemed to have my name on it. On the front cover of this book (that looked like it had not been opened for a thousand years) was a picure of a spooky, scary zombie. Another thing that I saw on the corner of my eye was a warning saying, "Do not open this book. It is cursed. Whoever opens it will get bad luck for the rest of their life. As soon as I opened it, I wanted to warn other people about what the Monster Book can do. This book is as dangerous as jumping off a tall cliff. Please do not ignore this message."

I decided (after about half an hour) that it is probably one of those silly warnings you get on an adults' book saying 'warning: seriously scary'. This was a bad idea. As soon as I opened it and began to read, strange noises began to ring in my ears. A few minutes later, a cold hand touched my shoulder. Screaming, I turned around and came face to face with a ghost. This obnoxious creature laughed at me, making me jump out of my skin.

I ran out of the room thinking, was the book possibly right? I slammed the door shut in the dismal bedroom and began to weep. Didn't it say that you'd get bad luck for the rest of your life? The more I thought, the more scared I got until I was disturbed by a deep growl.

I whipped my head around to see a terrible, emerald-green zombie staring into my deep blue eyes as it approached me viciously. I screamed, again, and stumbled out of the door. Panting, I tried to run and hide in every room but every time I bumped into a monster such as a mummy in the bathroom, a skeleton in the kitchen or a werewolf in the closet and much more.

"I definitely need to get out of here," I told myself, so I ran downstairs to the door and turned the handle but I couldn't open the door. I was stuck, maybe forever. It was then that I called for help which I thought would be useful.

"Help me!" I pleaded. "I'm stuck in an abandoned cottage with monsters in it." There was no reply. I needed to find the book. I ran and ran thinking, I can do it, I shall do it. Finally, I reached the contaminated room and monsters flooded in and an array of sounds gave me a headache. I reached for the handle once more and turned it again. Still, nothing. I would have to keep running from the monsters for the rest of my life. The faster I ran, the more tired I got. I already had lots of bruises and cuts and my temperature rose rapidly with every step I took. Someone would find me, someday.

Wondering why I came, I lay down hidden from the monsters for now, until someone had the courage to open the door of the cottage and let me out. Until that day, I will keep running from the monsters, missing my home and never knowing what time it is or which day it is. Will you let me out of this disgusting, horrible place?

So, never open a book with a warning. I have learned my lesson from the monster book. I only wanted to warn you about it and make sure that nobody opens it and that they don't get cursed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are checked by Vale staff before being published to the page!