Monday 5 October 2015

Archaeology Journal by Ellie, 4JP

Dear Diary,

I am very nervous because Howard Carter has just invited me to Alexandria for his dig.  We are going to the Valley of the Kings!  It's a once in a lifetime experience.

I am excited but it could be scary.  You never know what's going to happen.  I am going to really miss my family! I wonder if I am going to get stuck in a sand storm!  That would be really scary.  If I did, would I ever get out...?

On the other hand, it could be fun, discovering things no one has ever seen before and famous Architecture! So exciting!

We might find tombs or kings like Tutankhamun. The sphinx? Canopic jars? Anything would be good!

I can't wait!

Ellie C

4 comments:

  1. We loved your short sentences for dramatic effect and your use of informal language. You have used diary features of first person viewpoint, and thoughts and emotions, really effectively. It was very interesting and informative to read. From 5CG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5JB enjoyed reading your journal entry. We really felt that we were there with you in Egypt- we loved the fact that you were thinking ahead to what you would be doing next. Your short sentences were fab! 5JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Done!!!! It was dramatic lovely language and it had effect on me!! And I tell you one thing that doesn't normally happen!!
    Tom 4JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the good words cause they're much better than "the" and "a"

    ReplyDelete

All comments are checked by Vale staff before being published to the page!