Monday 5 October 2015

The Tree by Sammy, 3SB

A hollow tree stood directly in front of me.  There was a small opening at the back of the tree so I cleared away some thick ferns. Hesitantly, I clambered inside.  I started exploring cautiously.  I climbed on to a branch. I could feel damp as I clambered on to the middle.  The tree was gloomy. Sitting there on a tree, suddenly I realised how small I was compared to it.  I squeezed in through a dark, twisting, ante-tunnel and slid through the other side.  The ferns were covering the entrance like a den.  The small bird holes would be a perfect window.  It would be perfect for a look-out tower.  I went up to the top of the tree to see all the beautiful plants outside clinging to the leaves.  I wondered weather the aboriginal children played here 100 million years ago.  I went through the secret, rare tunnel and started exploring again.  I found a rather rare beetle.  It was black with yellow spots.  It was extraordinary.  Also, I spotted a spider with an unpleasant breath.  I went back up to the window.  

Sammy S
3SB

3 comments:

  1. What a great piece of descriptive writing. I really like your use of adverbs and short sentence to create effect.
    Mrso Blaker

    ReplyDelete
  2. that kids work is out of this world

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was amazing it felt like I actually there.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are checked by Vale staff before being published to the page!