Wednesday 17 December 2014

A Letter from Carrie’s War by Honey, 7AP



44 The High Street
Abercastle
Powys
Wales

25th November 1939

Dear Hepsibah,
I hope you are well.  I’m ever so grateful for the goose.  It was absolutely splendid. Carrie and Nick loved seeing you, Albert and dear Mr. Johnny.  They loved the story and tea you gave them. I’m ever so sorry I couldn’t collect it myself.  I had an awful cold, you see, and Samuel wouldn’t tolerate me going.

As you know, the kids are marvellous. Carrie loves helping out in the shop with Nick; she’s always willing. Nick is rather audacious as he stole a biscuit from the shop but he’s little and you know boys, they get hungry. Carrie told me Albert was feeling unwell so I wish him well.

How is poor Dilys? Is she well? I am hoping to see her soon if Samuel allows me. I am so glad she has a carer as good as you. I’ll try to persuade Samuel but I doubt he will come.

I’m sorry I couldn’t see you and collect the goose but I’ll send the children back to Druid’s Bottom as they thoroughly enjoyed the last time.

With love

LouiseEvans


1 comment:

  1. Super writing, Honey. You have really captured the voice of Miss Evans in this fabulous letter.( Mrs Neale)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are checked by Vale staff before being published to the page!