Friday 19 December 2014

Mazie and I by Charlie 6FT

Adrenalin flooded through my body. Mazie and I were grasping our parents' hands as the monster made its way towards the Safe House. “What’s going to happen to us, mother?” Asked Mazie. Mother didn't reply, she didn't want to tell her. 
“Mazie, the monster is coming for us,” I shuddered as I spoke.

Suddenly, a large crash sent my heart flying. “Take Mazie away, Rihanna,” Mother whispered to me. 
“What? Where are you going?” I didn't know why I asked. It was obvious, she and father were going to slay the beast and save our home. I grabbed my sister’s hand and led her to the train-station, we had to bail from this place.

We didn’t need to wait the weeks we did to receive the the letter. We knew mother and father had died; It wasn’t hard to figure it out. We had travelled to a new town, It was called Brookshire; it was a large town with not much in it. Brookshire was mostly grey, and made of mostly water.

We have been living in Brookshire for nearly a month now. Me and my sister were taking a walk when Mazie pointed to something. “No…” I said, my heart pounding louder than elephant footsteps. It was the beast that murdered mother and father. People started to panic; screaming blocked up my ears. Maize was petrified and started crying. I nearly cried too; I backed away with Mazie in my arms. People were shouting, “run for your life!” Others were calling family members, like children. Although I was seventeen, I didn't feel mature enough to make the right actions.

I chose to pick up Mazie and carry her to safety; this time I was the one to try and kill the monster.  I shall avenge my family. I didn’t tell Mazie what I was doing; she guessed anyway. “ No Rhianna! You’ll kill yourself! Who will take care of me then?” Mazie said aggressively. “Mazie” I said calmly. “I’ll be fine,” I said, with my hand on my heart.

It was a long walk back to the crowd of screaming townspeople. I pushed and shoved my way to the front. There it was, the black octopus creature. I took my pocket knife out and charged towards the killers neck. I stepped backwards, expecting a fight. I couldn't believe my eyes, I had killed the beast with that one stab. Was it its weak-spot? The sound of people cheering made me want to faint; I did. I could feel citizens gathering around me. I heard Mazie. I heard Mazie’s little voice.

A day later, I woke up in my bed. My little sister was sitting on a wooden stool asleep. “Mazie?” I said in a daze. 
“Hi Rihanna!” Replied Mazie, in a tired voice. 
“I think we should go back to our home-town.” I said, getting out of bed and packing our bags. 
“Yes!” Mazie said, agreeing.

We walked to the train-station an hour later. Mazie was holding our money.”Whoops!” Mazie said, she had dropped our money in the train- tracks. Mazie jumped in, she didn’t see that a train was zooming towards the platform… “No!” I screamed   

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting start to the story Charlie. You really caught my attention in your very first sentence. (Mr Garratt)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are checked by Vale staff before being published to the page!