Friday 19 December 2014

Christmas Memory by Archie 6FT

My favourite Christmas memory is when I awoke and discovered that my evergreen garden had transformed into a blanket of white. Paw prints had sunk into the snow while glimmering icicles dangled from my cedar window sill. I quickly gathered my belongings: a burgundy beany, a camouflage ski jacket, my comfy, yet warm, snow boots and rushed outside to see who had created this miracle. It was then when I explored and discovered that they weren't any ordinary footprints; they were ones of a magical, mysterious creature. A reindeer.

It reminded me that I may have some gifts from my family inside so I ran quickly but carefully back in to check. The sight was unimaginable; gifts (for me and my family) were piled up high next to my decorated Christmas tree. I knew that near the bottom of my parents gifts, were the ones which I had made, tree decorations that I had hand made and personalised especially for each of them.

Many hours had flown by because I could not defeat the urge to keep playing with my toys. Before I knew it, many loving members of my family had arrived and were ready to tuck in to a divine flavoursome Christmas dinner. Our mouth-watering dinner consisted of: luscious turkey; tasteful pigs in blankets and delectable roast potatoes.

I thoroughly enjoyed my Christmas day and I am sure the rest of my family did too. I was so exhausted so I brushed my teeth until they were squeaky clean, then I threw myself into my snug bed, prepared for another day of enjoyment to follow...

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely memory Archie, and so well written. I felt like I was right there with you on that Christmas morning. (Mr Garratt)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are checked by Vale staff before being published to the page!