Friday 19 December 2014

Through The Portal by Billy 4JP

It was 8 o’clock - my bedtime. As I changed into my pyjamas, I thought of the wonderful dreams I’d have. I climbed into my warm, comfy bed and closed my eyes.

In the morning, I woke up and found myself in a weird, wonderful world and not in my bed. As I stared around, speechless, I heard small, fluffy birds tweeting and animals eating wobbly jelly and tasty lollipops. I saw people chatting in the long, dry, green grass. It was such a beautiful sight. The hot, burning sun was shining in the bright blue sky, like a star which was as bright as the lightest light bulb in the world!

Slowly, I started to wander towards a very tasty looking lollipop and started to nibble it. It was the best one I had ever tasted. Birds flew down to join me. They started to peck the lollipops and the noisy cows started to drink up jelly from a jelly river. As I wandered further, I started to see lovely gingerbread houses with delicious cream and biscuits for the roofs. Next, I found a whole massive town! The pavement was made of crunchy crisps and the road was made of soft, brown chocolate. I walked quickly along the loud busy street, looking at every gingerbread shop I passed. Everybody waved at me. I felt like I was a famous man marching along a rich street. I could smell sausages and mashed potato from each shop.

One hour later, all the yummy food had been eaten and the sun was setting. In the distance, I could see a shadow which was the shape of a zombie-looking creature! The zombie stared at me and charged in my direction! I was very scared. Every single shop was broken and smashed to pieces. After 5 minutes, I could still see the zombie, about three metres away, running after me. I saw a castle and thought there would be some really good hiding places. 

I opened the hard, wooden doors, quickly, and slammed them in the zombies face. I found a dusty, golden key for the door and I locked it as fast as I could. I slept in a bed to get here, so maybe if I sleep in this world I’ll get back, I thought. The locked door crushed down and the zombie marched in. I looked around and saw a shiny iron sword lying next to a wooden shield. I picked them both up quickly and aimed the sword at the zombie. It charged at me and I stabbed him with the sword. Crash! the zombie fell to the floor. A few minutes later, I had explored most of the castle. Then I wandered into the king's bedroom and lots of angry zombies started to chase me. I quickly climbed into the bed and fell fast asleep. 

I woke up in my own world. That was an epic adventure, I thought.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your description of a fantasy world. I liked the idea of a jelly river. Well done! (Mr Garratt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great writing Billy. Lovely use of adjectives, connectives and time phrases. (Mrs Nichol)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are checked by Vale staff before being published to the page!