Friday 19 December 2014

Fantasy Writing by Elliot 4TC

As I dashed through the portal, I wondered where I would go. Suddenly, I fell firmly onto the sodden, mossy floor. I gazed in awe at where I was. A complex, dim, torch-lit labyrinth of gloomy corridors, chests and traps stood before me. There were jet-black, mammoth spiders spinning shimmering webs like the Mona Lisa. A peculiar scent of fish haunted the air, making me feel suspicious about who, or what, was making it.

Slowly, I crept to a mildewed, tattered chest and swiftly opened it. Inside there was nothing much, just a dark, polished opal that glimmered in the torch-light. When I observed the wall, I noticed diminutive symbols, like ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics. As I looked with interest at the lower part of the stone, dusty, musty wall, I was shocked to find a stalactite, which was as sharp as a fresh dagger; it had jabbed itself into my finger. I winced in pain.

I sprinted off to a shining shield, polished mirror-bright. When I picked it up, I found I could, cleverly, reflect it and, weirdly, intensify it. This enchanted shield had a black crest on a fine steel background. Whenever I held the wonderful, mystical shield, I heard mysterious whispers around me. Hastily, I slung it into my violet backpack and ran. No matter how far I went,I never reached the end of this bewildering, bedraggled labyrinth…

As I entered another chamber, I was shocked to find an elf-like creature clutching a long, slender, black bow, gazing at me, saying nothing. This ‘elf’ was wearing impossibly dark green leather, hiding a mass of soft, pale skin. He looked nothing like one of Santa’s elves, he was a tall, thin person with long, black hair like the void of space. When I closely observed him, I noticed long, jagged fangs and a blood-stained dagger in his belt, with a golden handle. Suddenly, he disappeared in a cloud of thick smoke, leaving only - a statue! I nervously, turned round to find him standing there, dagger drawn, ready to strike. I was so terrified, I couldn’t move. I held my breath, ready to die…

2 comments:

  1. Well done Y4, keep it up! Love Evie's mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Elliot. You have really tried hard to use commas in your writing. (Mr Garratt)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are checked by Vale staff before being published to the page!